Saturday, May 18, 2013

It's Been A Long Time

So it's been a long time since I've posted here.... not because I haven't been working out- for the most part, I have. Woohoo!

Well, I should say that I go in spurts. I'll be awesome for a few weeks and then do nothing for a week. And then I'm back on again. But I think most people are like that.

With my schedule, for me to workout, I have to go at 6am- before my mind knows what I'm doing. I saw this on Pinterest..... for me, it's so true!


So when I get enough sleep, when I can get up and when I have the stamina to just "get out of bed,"  I exercise. Otherwise, I don't. I just get too busy, or too tired, otherwise. :)

But for the most part, I do.

What I've been doing lately is a mixture of running and biking. At my gym, there are exercise bikes in the track area. So I usually ride for awhile, then run a few laps and continue that for about 40 minutes. Last week I made myself keep moving for an hour.

I usually do it by song on my iPod. I run for a song, bike for a song, run, maybe walk (if I'm tired!), ride, etc. When I ride, I do various things. Sometimes I stand, I go really fast, turn the resistance way up, let it down, etc.

I just signed up for "Boot Camp." It's a training program my gym offers. I start Monday, I can't wait to see what kind of pain I'll be in. haha. But I am looking forward to it. I think it will offer a good change to my routine, as well as do more than just cardio. And me, being expected to be at a class, will help me be more motivated to go to bed early- therefore being able to get up early.

So that one day soon I can run my triathlon!! I saw this today, and thought it was fitting:


Sometimes, when I'm working out, and I'm really tired, I just envision myself crossing that finish line. That keeps me going, and I think it makes me run a little faster. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!